privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mowing, Weeding and Dirt Under My Nails

Last summer our mower sort of quit mowing.  I suppose the more accurate description was the mower motor just stopped while Gene was pushing it!  So we decided to go with an electric mower.  One of our friends had been using an electric mower for several years and was pleased with the performance.  Besides, at our age anything being lighter to push helps.

Getting my fingers dirty, circa 1947
So today was mowing day at 3871.  Between Gene and I, we are almost one whole person these days.  With hips and knees that have carried too much weight for too many years, we just are not as mobile as we were a few years back.  Gene's hip gave out after doing several errands and mowing the front yard.  I decided to give it a whirl  and I mowed my little back yard twice cause it was too tall for just one round to cut it down to size.  After the mowing I was able to weed an area of about 30' x 40'.  Enough weeds to fill a 50 gallon and a 15 gallon bag.  I do believe that my knee surgery is proving to be a wonderful thing for me.   Sure was good to be able to walk around, bend over using both legs to support my body and then raise up with no knee pain.

In an earlier post I mentioned how I was needing to get outside.  Yesterday we climbed into the Jeep with the top off and headed to Marionville.  Gene drove us on back roads all to way to Marionville.  It was hard to tell which of us enjoyed the fresh air the most. With the activity outside today, I am feeling better every minute.  Yep, this old gal just needed to be able to do a little mowing, weeding and get some dirt under my nails.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings