privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chaos

Over the last few weeks it has been a cascade of minor challenges.  But after about 5 detours from what appeared originally to be a simple replacement of carpeting, I've realized that nothing can be simple or easy.  Deep breathing is required frequently these days.

The water damage turned out to be a little more than just water.  It turned into slight termite damage.  Eeks.... That turned into holes drilled around the perimeter of our house.  We need to wait 1 to 2 weeks before pulling out the damaged wood.

I do not deal well with chaos in my life.  I function best with lists, plans and schedules.  Nothing is currently fitting into my preferred, orderly status.  "(Wo)man plans, God laughs" is a Yiddish proverb.  God is ROFLOL these days.

Right now the stuff from the office/bedroom is all in the guest bedroom.  In addition, pictures and a couple of tables from the living room are crammed into the same room.  I had stripped most of the accessories from the tables and mantle in the living room a week ago.  They are on the sewing desk in the dining area.  The furniture that is still in the living room is covered with sheets.  The bookshelves are already so full of dust!  I will need to take everything out before the remainder of the destruction and rebuild begin.  I just do not need the books getting dirtier.

On the positive side of the chaos our bedroom is relatively untouched by the madness.  And I was being able to mow and edge the lawn today.  No knee pain tonight.  Yippee!  Gene has the office borders and woodwork taped for painting.  And we mixed the paints today and came up with color that works.  I do believe we will get the room painted tomorrow.  Did I hear someone chuckle?

As for my computer, today I discovered the webcam is not working.  This is after staying up till 2 AM restoring files the professional did not do though the bill states otherwise.  We will be taking the Studio computer back, get the new hard drive removed and old one replaced.  Then call Dell.  I do not want to have to continue to deal with not having things work on this computer.  I am still pretty grumpy about the entire situation so let's just leave it at that.

Lord, I have heard the report about you.Lord, I fear your work. In the course of the years, renew it. In the course of the years, reveal it. In all this chaos, remember to be merciful.Habakkuk 3:1-3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings