privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, September 28, 2012

High Anxiety

The movie, High Anxiety, from Mel Brooks is not one I have ever seen.  As much of a fan as I am of Brooks' sense of humor you would think I would have watched this bit of silliness.  A tongue in cheek salute to Alfred Hitchcock, another of my favorites.

Maybe that is what I need to do is have a silly movie marathon.  Something to get me into a positive frame of mind for the upcoming season of holidays and celebrations.  There has been enough of the negative energy with all the political ads.  I had avoided most of the ads by not watching news stations of national media like the alphabet networks.

But as the presidential election approaches even the "cablenets" like USA have become infected.  I even had to endure a sort of political ad on youtube.  To quote Charlie Brown, "aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!".  So now it is time to watch Netflix, Redbox, anything that the politicians and PACs cannot get their greedy hands on to ruin my escapism.

So do not be asking me about:  current events; the status of the role of women in anything;  the state of the economy;  whether it is ok with me if you buy a gun, suv or oil futures;  or how much I weigh.  You may ask after my husband's health, my lovely son or grandsons, even my sisters' kids and grandkids.  Cause I prefer my "I got nothing" attitude to an incident of high anxiety!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings