privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Things I Keep Doing

This week the Spin Cycle topic is "Things I Keep Doing".  Especially the things that no longer need to be done or have no return in value sort of things.

Neat freak.  Being almost borderline OCD I must keep drawers, shelves, lawn equipment neat and orderly.  Seems to save time when looking for things.  The return on that investment has diminished as I tend to forget why I went into a room now.  But I am pretty sure I will continue to fold my underwear in neat stacks and placed in neater stacks in drawers.  And rearrange untidy placements in my husband's dresser drawers.  And sort the flatware into the two designs in separate stacks.  And become irritated when the hoe is not on the proper nail in the outbuilding.

Not just gracefully receiving a compliment.  That is one thing that is almost impossible to do.  It does not matter if it is about something I have made, something  I said, a meal I prepared or, well, anything....  I am working on this but regularly fall back into self deprecation as a response.  I respond to a compliment on a new haircut by saying I am too cheap to have a hairdresser, I just cut it myself.  Just say thanks!  A compliment this last Sunday about being good with organization was not met not with an appropriate, "How kind of you to say that."  No, I fumbled around and finally a barely audible "Praise God" was my answer.

Apologizing.  This the thing I do that bugs my son to the point he reproves me when I do it.  Something for which I have no responsibility goes badly and I must say, "I'm sorry".  Yep, apologizing for everything from my house to the Civil War and slavery.  What my ancestors did to the Native Americans is still my fault no matter what anyone says.  I feel the need to apologize for everything that is wrong and I am not even Catholic or Jewish.  I am sorry if that last sentence offends my Jewish or Catholic friends and readers.

Cracking inappropriate jokes.  And will never stop cause this world does not laugh nearly enough.  This is from the Grandma of the Middle Grandson that told me I look like the old silver back gorilla when I bend over.  You decide.  I make no apology.  I say thanks in advance for any compliments about my observant grandson or my posture!!


I am not certain what the rectangle shape on my butt is.


 For more things that we Spinners just cannot stop pop on over to Gretchen's Second Blooming!

Second Blooming

2 comments:

  1. It is SO hard to take a compliment. I always feel like I need to return the compliment - "You look look nice too!" but then it always sounds lame, like I'm only saying it because they said it to me,and then I get embarrassed and usually make it worse by rambling on about it. I am Catholic, and I am in no way offended because...it's true. I apologize for everything too. And you do NOT look like a gorilla! But you are BRAVE to show your behind shot on the internet, woman!

    You are linked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a hard time accepting compliments, too. It's so hard to just say "thanks." Totally agree. And as for the neatness - please please please come over and do that to my house? I'm totally not organized. My underwear is all just thrown in a drawer. You probably would have a panic attack if yours was like it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings