According to the internet a yawn is a reflex of inhaling air and (get this) stretching your eardrums at the same time. Say what? Is this yawning/eardrum stretching thing something you knew about? It is news to me. And there is even a word for yawning and stretching your arms at the same time, pandiculation. Really. Someone decided there needed to be a special name for yawning and stretching at the same time.
What other things we do as humans and animals do that need special names? And does the word have to not even look anything like the actions we are naming? Sure, what the heck. Since one of the reasons researchers have found to be a reason we yawn is we are bored, I'll give this action thing a try.
- Putting on socks and shoes. Toediculation. No, that sounds like some nasty foot sex fetish thing. I'll come back to that.
- Answering a phone. Hidiculation. Okay, the "dicula" makes me thing dirty thoughts.
- Driving a car. Motorvation
- Answering a phone while driving a car. Hidiculation motorvation
- Typing a blog while watching TV and sitting in an easy chair. Flatbuttation
- Listening to sports radio. Yawn.
|Borrowed from www.dailymail.co.uk|