privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day Gifts


This picture was taken on the front porch, steps and yard of the only house my Mom and Dad ever owned.  The picture was made in September, 2008 following a party celebrating Mom's 90th birthday.  Members of the family have been lost to death and divorce.  Members have been added by birth and marriage.  Not all the family members were present for this picture.  Besides the half person that was cut off, two grandsons and their families of 6 total were not present.  That is a lot of prodigy to come from just two people. 

Thanks to my Mother for all she did through the years for me and later my family.  She cared for me as a child, she sewed for me as I grew up.  She hauled me to countless 4-H activities.  She loves my husband, son and grandsons.  Ever summer for 8 years she and Daddy took care of our son for from 2 weeks to 6 weeks.  It took us a while to get him back in the routine after those visits.  Just this Easter season, she sent cards with just a little money to thirteen of her great and great great grandchildren.   Just because she is a giving person and wants them to know she loves and thinks of them.

From Proverbs 31, The Message:
She designs gowns and sells them,
    brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops.
Her clothes are well-made and elegant,
    and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
    and she always says it kindly.
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,
    and keeps them all busy and productive.
Her children respect and bless her;
    her husband joins in with words of praise:
“Many women have done wonderful things,
    but you’ve outclassed them all!”
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades.
    The woman to be admired and praised
    is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
Give her everything she deserves!
    Festoon her life with praises!

Mom was more likely to give away anything she sold.  And she is a bit of a glass half full person.  My Mom is not perfect, but she does love her family the best she knows how.  That is all any mother can do, the best she knows how.  May God continue to bless her and us with her presence.

Texan to the core!  And a Democrat, too, she adds.
The best gift I can give my Mother on Mother's Day is to be in her presence.  This year I will not be celebrating with her.  I spent a good deal of time with her last week during the sew a thon for my younger sister.  This year for the first time since 1991 I will be with my one and only child and he is doing the cooking!  I cannot ask for a better Mother's Day gift.

For more takes on Mother's Day or to add to the fun, join Gretchen or Ginny over at The Spin Cycle.



Second Blooming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings