privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Seeking For Relief

 "seeking for relief"


Kristjaan Panneman has given a new challenge to those who wish to participate.  Further explanation of process is available here.

For this second episode of "Analyze That Haiku" I (Kristjaan Panneman) have chosen another nice haiku to analyse, also written by myself. Here it is:

seeking for relief
aching of a broken heart -
love isn 't forever

© Chèvrefeuille

Analyze the haiku, try to tell the story behind the haiku ... let the given haiku come to life ... see it in front of your eyes ... feel it with all your senses ... be part of the haiku ... maybe it helps to read the haiku aloud more than twice ... try to come in touch with the haiku. Share your thoughts, your analysis with us all ... and try to write/compose a new haiku with the story you analyzed from the haiku. !! Tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) starts our new Time Glass episode !!

My Analysis

1.  My mind goes to a breakup I initiated.  The relationship was at a crossroad.  I was wanting the next step, he was not.  Even though I cared as deeply as someone of that age could, it was a relief to end the relationship.  So much relief for me that the people at work noticed the change in me the very next day.

2.  The haiku could possibly be from the perspective of a critically ill person and their family.  For a loved one to finally give permission to the ill person to let go of life is heart breaking. The relief may take a while for all concerned.  Love and life as we know them are not forever.  I watched this process with several of my loved ones.  Mom clung to my Dad even though the doctors assured there was not 'fixing him this time'.  She needed to hold on a little longer.  She finally realized his extreme continued suffering was due to drugs fighting the process of his dying.  It was then she allowed all the drips, etc. to be removed.  He passed within two hours.  Relief for Dad, a broken heart for Mom.

two intertwined
pruning diseased vines
aching hearts
©  Janice Adcock





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings