privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, October 11, 2014

setting sun


 Thie week's Tan Renga Challenge is provided by Oliana of Traces of the Soul. She wrote this haiku (the first stanza of the Tan Renga, also known as "hokku") in response on our "Sparkling Stars" episode of last Saturday (Oct. 4th). I think this haiku by Oliana can be very inspirational to make a Tan Renga with.

Here is her haiku ("hokku"), the first stanza of the Tan Renga:

power-driven fowl
in rays of a setting sun
flies home
© Oliana

leaves a loved one neath the newly
turned earth as all souls go home
 ©  Janice Adcock

My Aunt Opal passed this past week.  Family is coming in from different locations in the States.  Tonight Aunt Opal's granddaughter is to be wed.  Monday we will gather again to inter my oh so sweet, giving, loving Aunt Opal.  So often in life the elixir of joy is tainted with the slight taste of salty tears.

Namaste



Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings