privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, February 9, 2015

Sound of Water


Impression of Waterlilies

the old pond
a frog jumps into it
the sound of water

(C) Basho (tr. Chèvrefeuille)

©  Janice Adcock



The water garden was only the impression of a real pond.  It was built in the backyard of the modest home and plot.  No matter to the frogs in spring.  The melodious sounds of Mr. Froggie looking for Missy Froggie filled the air for days!  Eventually there would be the egg sacks floating in the water.  A promise of future Mr. and Miss Froggies.

caress brings life
as frogs recite love songs 
'neath glistening leaves

©  Janice Adcock



Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings