privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, March 16, 2015

windmill

Carpe Diem #688, windmill


The host of Carpe Diem lives in the Netherlands.  He has provided two haiga that show and share beauty in words and photos.  Here are his two.



In about one year my husband and I will be visiting the beautiful areas where the above photos were made.  In contrast to the above I give you a windmill from the Kansas, USA, plains.  The windmills of the plains were used primarily for bringing water to the surface. The ability to obtain water in the semi arid central plains enhanced the colonization of these areas by immigrants.  Yet another stab in the lives of the Native Americans inhabiting the plains in the 1800's.  


spiraling circle
warrior arms strain against foe
blades last blow

©  Janice Adcock 2015

A slightly different perspective of the same windmill and a chance to try a different technique.  Using words to address a time that so many machines and humans face.  A time past our prime, a time of brokenness or even just a time of feeling useless.


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI

©  Janice Adcock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings