privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, April 5, 2015

depression

Carpe Diem #699, depression


In the Civil War or War Between the States in the United States of America, brother fought brother, friend fought friend, children fought parents and parents fought children.  Were the battles fought over the rights of individual states to have laws contrary to the laws of the United States?  Were the battles fought over whether one human could own another human?  Was it fought because some folks are always 'itching for a fight'?  I suspect it was all of these and more.

It occurs to me as the Hiku Kai family studies Bhagavad Gita there is nothing new under the sun.  The story of a warrior faced with fighting friends and family.  That sounds all too familiar through the ages and wars.  Even squabbles within families.  Any of these could put a person into a depression or, at the very least, a really bad day.  Whether the interpretation of the work is a battle within oneself or the overall battle of good and evil, it still holds truths.

lost in self loathing
the caterpillar seeks change
transformative fight 

©  Janice Adcock
Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings