privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Lotus

Carpe Diem #712, Lotus


Building a garden from scratch was an enjoyable experience.  Scratch, dig, sort dirt and rocks using a screen and carry the unwanted rocks to fill areas.  Drive back home with bags of manure and peat moss to mix with the dirt.  Move to a new area of the small yard and begin the process again and again ... and ... again.  Build rock walls with some of the rocks dug from the yard and others pilfered from areas being leveled for new buildings.  My husband learned that when I yelled, "flat rock!" he was to stop the vehicle asap.

©  Janice Adcock
Of course there was a compost pile.  Pebble walkways 'cause I like the sound of walking on pebbles.  All sorts of plants for a sunny yard were introduced into the beds as the yard progressed.  These later had to be replaced by more shade tolerant plants as the 4 native trees grew to make almost the entire area a shade garden.  Beginning in 2001 a water garden began being dug  .. by hand and pick ax.  It was finished in the fall of 2002.  The ice storm of 2007 yet again reshaped the garden.

Always was called a gardener by friends.  Truth be told I was little more than a planter that hoped it would grow.  I prayed as one last clematis was planted and made a deal with God, "if this one lives, I'll never buy another one."  It lived and bloomed.  And I never bought another one.  We sold the garden and the house it surrounded in 2013.

©  Janice Adcock





in the old pond
nourished lotus buds bloom
enlightened day

©  Janice Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings