privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, May 22, 2015

this autumn

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #86, Basho's "this autumn"


this autumn
why getting older is like
a bird into clouds

© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

I (Chèvrefeuille) think you all can see, feel, sense that feeling of departure, the feeling that death is closing in .... It will not be an easy task I think to complete this Tan Renga by putting the second stanza (two lines following 7-7 syllables) towards it, but .... well that's the challenge ...

this autumn
why getting older is like
a bird into clouds                  (Basho)

colorful leaves swirl
cover up an old grave           (Chèvrefeuille)

I (Chèvrefeuille) have tried to associate on the feeling of death and dying with this second stanza and I think it makes the Tan Renga complete.

this autumn
why getting older is like
a bird into clouds               (Basho)

a gray mist fills the eyes as
the veil of life falls away    (Janice Adcock)


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on
CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings