privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

An Instance 5 7 5

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #51 classical way of writing haiku


The smell of books

old library
the sweet smell of books
and all that wisdom

© Chèvrefeuille





Moving makes for hard choices.  What to keep, what to give to someone, what to donate and what to throw away...  Books donated, magazines in recycling.  Even a few books that no one wanted to recycling.  That was tough.  At least not thrown away.  The kept books were special books.  Books studied by grandfathers and fathers.  Some studied by husband and son.  One that had an article published written by one's self.  Just an instructional article, nothing poetic, but published.

crumbling covers feel
shelves filled with prose and knowledge
smells from past lives .

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings