privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

the Deep North

Carpe Diem #880 secrets unveiled of the Deep North: coolness, cloud peaks, not permitted to tell

 

Our host's words:

 Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers, 

We are on the trail with Basho and his companion Sora on our way into the deep north following the story as told by Basho in his famous haibun Oku no Hosomichi (Narrow Road into the Deep North).

Basho was known as the traveling poet and in the last ten years of his life he traveled a lot. Of all his travels he wrote a haibun, but Oku no Hosomichi became the most famous haibun ever. I even think that there is not an other haibun which can reach the quality level of Oku no Hosomichi.

 

Click here to read the full post with an excerpt from Basho's haibun.  


thundering stillness

held within a moment
passions

©  petra domina

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings