privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Early Thursday

Been reading a book about writing, "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser.  The book was a Christmas gift.  "It is not a critique of your writing.  Just thought it might help expand your writing" said Son.  I have not read much other than stories, blogs and news on the computer for a couple of years.  Finding it difficult to read a chapter a day I decided to read a chapter then practice the chapter for a few days.

Chapter one focuses on bringing my own humanity and warmth to writing.  Chapter two's summary is simplicity and clarity.  Chapter three is de-cluttering and continued simplification.  With these chapters in mind I shall rewrite a previous post.  One comment on the post was it was hard to follow. That post seems to me to be a good place to start.

It is an hour and a half later.  The piece is reworked.  I left the parts I removed in the blog in such light print it is barely visible.  Additions are in italics.  You can read the after piece is here and the before piece here.  Is the rework a clearer read?  Does it make more sense?  Please, feel free to leave comments.

BTW, it is 2:30 AM and I shall say good night now.

Peace,
Janice.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings