privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, January 4, 2018

January 4, 2018, Good Afternoon

The last several days have been spent supervising a granddog, grandcat and 17 year old independent, sweet girl.  Son and DIL contacted us late last night to say their flight had been cancelled.  They would not get home till Thursday some time!  Okay, no problem.  Only we had already washed the bedding and towels.  We did not want to get our old people cooties on the bedding so we just slept on the family room sofas.  They were already covered with our cooties as we had been sitting on them for 3 4 days.  And now it is 5 days.

Hubby did go to our apartment to get a shower as he was out of clothing.  He had miscounted.  Cause 4 is such a high number instead of 3.  Gotta love that man!  While he was out he picked up bacon, eggs and Round Rock Donuts for the 3 girls.  Yes, that is 3 girls as Bonus granddaughter had 2 friends over for a sleep over.  Hubby did not do the sleepovers as a kid so he is always a little anxious about these things.

Annette Funicello and co-stars; Pajama Party (1964) (for baby doll day)
Proper Pajama Party attire modeled by Annette and friends, 1964.
The three girls had arrived last night/wee hours of the morning in a flurry of giggles.  Surprisingly the giggles lasted only a short time.  Guess they were all played out and fell asleep quickly.  Three teen girls in one regular size bed.  I, again, am drawn back in memories of sleepovers with my teen girl friends.  Carolyn, Reba Jane, Linda and Dona Jo.  Add in Lynne and Judy sometimes.  We would giggle together in the twin beds they had in their rooms or my full sized bed.  Parents never said quieten down or anything like that.


One night I had a sleepover of probably 5 girlfriends.  We were all in our short PJs that were popular in the mid 1960's.  We/I decided we needed to sneak out and go for a joy ride in our PJs.  I put the car in neutral and we pushed it out of the garage and down the street.  Then I started the engine and off we went on a joy ride.  I do not remember how we got it back up the driveway and into the garage.  Probably coasted it in place.  Giggles filled the car that night.  Much like the giggles that has spilled into this home last night and this morning.  Fifty five years later and some things have not changed at all. 

It truly is a good afternoon this January 4, 2018.

Peace to all,
Janice



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings