privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 1, 2018

As I typed the title I almost typed 19 something for the year.  At times my mind seems to still not believe it is the new century.  Over a sixth of the way through the new century.  Guess that is just how time is, slow on the bad days, fast on the over all time frame.  The new month brought to mind a memory of the day I realized I would still be alive when the century changed.  I sat in that old school desk in about the second grade and did the math.  I would turn 54 in December just before the new century, a really old woman in the mind of a second grader.

The months and days leading up to January 1, 2000, were filled with concerns of how computers would react to the dates.  Seems there could have been some serious issues as the computers might lose their collective minds with the new century.  Y2K  caused angst among my computer aided design group and IT folks world wide.  Brought about some sales of software and even backup generators.  All for naught as the computers did not even pause for a nanosecond.

Today I realized January passed with my hardly noticing.  I accomplished little toward any of the scan and writing projects.  Some grandchildren activities and a few easy projects are about all I have done besides binge watch Netflix.  And the jigsaw puzzle site, Jigsaw Planet, has taken the bulk of my time.  Walking has been increasing slowly, literally three thousand steps forward and few steps the next day.  Still progress.

Hester home.
This past weekend our son, DIlove, Hubby, Bonus granddaughter, her friend and DJ the puppy dog spent the weekend at the lake.  Son & DIL are in the market for a place on a lake.  It was surely nice to be out and about for a couple of days.  The drive through the hill country was pleasant as always.  Saturday brunch in the house that had been the filming site of the cult film, The Texas Chainsaw Murders.  The house had originally been located in the area of our apartment.

the weekend lodging

The evening light gave a nice glow in the lake and vegetation.
















The ancient pecan tree held a nice sheen on its weathered branches.


The coots populating the cove water were a joy to watch.  Swimming and bobbing for fish in the early morning was quite a change from the brick and asphalt that surround our apartment.

Coots in the distance.
Even though I had pretty much been in full hibernation mode in January, we managed to finish in a
not so hibernating way.  May we all find February to be a month of new beginnings and joy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings