privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

February 20, 2018

It is actually raining in our area.  Much needed rain as about all of Texas is abnormally dry. 



D0 - Abnormally Dry89.74% of Texas
D1 - Moderate Drought71.22% of Texas
D2 - Severe Drought37.56% of Texas
D3 - Extreme Drought13.07% of Texas
D4 - Exceptional Drought0.00% of Texas
No Drought10.26% of Texas



For folks to get an idea of how widespread the drought is click here.   Texas Monthly had a series of overlays to different countries and nations.  Pretty sure a Native Texas wrote the part about the comparison of Alaska and Texas.  Us natives are still a tad offended by Alaska's out sizing us.  Smile, wink.  In that map our county is just to the right of center half D1 and half D2.

The drought conditions do not stop at the arbitrary state lines.  Click here for the US map.  If you want to know about your own region of the world you can click here.  You can choose an interactive map with the ability to get specific areas.  You can even slide the maps around while you are zoomed up close and personal.

All that said, I have been grocery shopping today.  Online grocery shopping with scheduled pick up times at 3 different stores.  Why would I do that when I am working to get in steps.  Simple, I can walk without being around a bunch of people.  Really.  I am good with not having to dodge carts, dig through shelves and calculate PPO.  Price per oz/grams and comparing across different stores.  And when the stores will do it for free, why not.  Pleased to say my step count is still improving, too.  So, really, why not. 

As I was walking Sunday I decided to go to the top floor of the parking garage.  There was a pickup load of boys with trash thrown on the parking garage.  Not a new sight.  But what was new was two of the guys were relieving themselves in the open.  This grandma marched right up to them, asked if it was their trash and if any of them lived in the apartments.  No was their answer.  I let them know that it was where I lived and was offended by the trash.  And BTW, this is not a public parking garage so you are trespassing.  Trash was picked up and the pickup made like Elvis and left the building.

Monday found a couple drive up on the top floor while I was walking.  They were watching my every move.  Even moved to a different area when I followed my zig zag pattern of walking.  Last year I would have just left the area.  Not this year.  I walked over and asked if they lived in the apartments.  No was the answer again so I noted it was not a public parking garage.  You are basically trespassing so you need to leave.  The snippy girl glowered, started the car and left. 

I went to the office and let the manager know what I had done.  She says they are working on getting signage to note it is private parking.  That way when cars are reported, the police can arrest or at least site the infringing cars.  Ok, till then I will continue approaching cars and asking if they are residents.  Cause I am tired of trash, condoms and drug paraphernalia on my parking garage.  Yes, I know it is dangerous.  But, hey, we send our kids to schools, we go to concerts and I intend to walk in my own space.

Have a great Thursday.
Janice





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings