privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, March 9, 2018

March 9, 2018

An old friend came to visit last night.  Sciatica is the name of the old friend.  It is an unwelcome old friend.  It had been lurking about for a day or two.  Last evening sitting in the stadium seat with a chilly wind to my back, it settled into the left lower regions of my body.  While online suggestions say ice packs, my body said no.  Spasms and tight muscles had already begin to seize my lower back.  PJ, muscle relaxers and just lying still for about 24 hours has sent sciatica packing.

In 1984 I herniated a disc in my lower back by picking up a small child at VBS.  I had been laid off from my job and was working part time at a friends jewelry store.  I ignored the pain in my back and leg.  Eventually the damaged cartilage in my right knee would send me to the orthopedic surgeon for surgery to repair the damage.  It would be two months before I would get the attention for the damaged disc.  It was during that time I learned the value of heat for muscles in spasm.

Tomorrow is a new day.  The last day before the jump forward to somehow make days longer.  They all look about the same to me.  Except for the one day we lose and hour by jumping forward.  Another day we fall back an hour.  But then, we can only live one moment at a time anyway.

Hope you have lots of wonderful moments over the upcoming few days.

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings