privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday, June 29, 2017

Just another Friday.  Hubby goes to meet his Ham buddies at a local McDonalds for breakfast.  Hubby is new to the group.  Several of the group had worked together at IBM.  All are retirees as of about a month ago or so.  Not sure Hubby enjoys it as much at the Donut shop group in Aurora during the 1980's and until we move to Springfield in 1993.  Hubby is usually about the only 'liberal' in these groups.  He is not shy to speak his piece and usually speaks in a peaceful manner.

After he left to meet the group this morning I set about getting some chores done for the day.  Walking for 20 to 30 minutes in the relatively cooler air (80 - 85 F, 26 -29 C) of a Texas summer morning was first.  Second was to water the few container plants on our patio.  The third planned activity was to finishing some of the sewing and mending for the grandsons.  Walking accomplished, I began filling the buckets to carry water to the plants.  The buckets have to be filled in the sink as we have no outdoor source of water. 

First bucket filled, second bucket goes under the faucet.  First bucket is carried the 25 feet to the patio and water is distributed to various containers.  Return to kitchen, swap buckets and head back out to the patio.  The watering process requires about 4 rounds of this swapping and filling.  Gets a few more steps added to the count and keeps the tomato plants growing and putting on blossoms.  Hopefully we will get a few tomatoes off the plants this year.

One other plant I have on the patio is a small gardenia bush.  I had carried a bouquet of fresh gardenias as a young bride.   I bought this plant last year for our golden wedding anniversary party to have fresh, blooming gardenias.  To make sure we had gardenias for the party, three blossoms were purchased from a florist and added to the little bush.  As I was watering the gardenia this morning I found the first blossom of the year.  Not huge but just as beautifully scented as any. 

When Hubby returned from the meet and eat with his buddies I had him come to the patio.  I pointed out the gardenia.   We both smiled and held each other for a moment.  You see.  Saturday is our wedding anniversary.  Fifty one years together and we still get mushy over a blossom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings