privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, June 10, 2018

June 10, 2018

As I typed the title, my mind and fingers still said to start with 19XX.  Will my mind ever catch up to the new century?  It has been almost a fifth of the new century already.  Our oldest grandson celebrated his 17th birthday yesterday.  So this century has certainly had plenty of highlights to make it memorable.  Oh, well, old brain cells I guess.  Or maybe semi-cooked brain cells as it continues to be summer time hot in our area. 

Yesterday Hubby's amateur radio stopped by for a quick visit.  Those two were making a welcome home sign for a third ham (as amateur radio folks call themselves) buddy who had been gone for a couple of weeks.  Ham Buddy One's wife has a broken foot and there were a few steps to get to our apartment from where they parked.  While the guys played I went to the curb to visit with Mrs. Ham Buddy One.  I stood in the full sun for about 20 minutes.  I received enough sun to actually get a slight sunburn.  I am so Irish fair skinned!

Birthday dinner on Friday night had followed a week of deeper than normal cleaning.  Our place was full of dust in places like our clothing closet.  There was a major building project about 1/2 block from our apartment.  The contractors dug down several feet and carried all that soil away creating massive dust clouds.  Next, the hole was filled in with more stable materials.  More dirt and dust clouds.  Finally the building was complete enough that the parking lot was paved.  A few more dust clouds on Friday as trees were planted.  Looking forward to lost less dust now.  Of course we are in a mild drought so there is still dust.  Keeps me out of my chair a bit each day trying to stay on top of it.

On and off over the next two weeks we have grandkid duty.  That will be fun.  Busy.  Maybe a little expensive as we keep them occupied.  I do know one day we will be making homemade pizzas from scratch including the dough.  That should keep us all busy.  While the kids are old enough to not require care, we tend to keep them from drawing blood when there is an argument.  Hopefully we will be able to get together a Father's Day gift for their dad.

Not much else going on these days.  Life of a retired person can be boring to others.  I like it.

May your week be filled with lots of love and joy.

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings