privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

June 6, 2018, Plateaus

Plateaus can be such beautiful landscapes.  For years I thought the Ozark Hills were upheavals of the land masses at some point.  Nope.  Geologists tell us they are an eroded plateau.  The Creator has had so much fun with this sphere where we all live.  Here are a few photos of that beauty I would like to share.











Another of the wonderful creations are families.  This is my husband's cousins on the day his parents home of 50+ years was auctioned off.  His mom and dad are not in the photo cause his dad fell the day before breaking his hip.  Dad Adcock was in surgery when this photo was taken.  Mom Adcock and I were in the waiting room.  Dad never left the hospital.  He was 89.  But the great memories of the times spent with the family still remain.



The following photo is my most of my Granny C's grandkids on my Mom's side.  We had gathered to see the renovation of the home our Uncle Clay had lived in since 1959.  The house was sold to a friend of the family following his death in 2006.  His daughter is seated second from the right.  Two of my sisters are in the photos.  Granny had only one grandson and one step grandson from her direct children.  She did have several step grandchildren from Grandad's first family of four boys.


As I age I notice the family gatherings have plateaued, too.  While there was a time when we would gather every year or two, it seems almost impossible now.  We are too far flung.  Or maybe just too lazy.

This last year has been a journey for Hubby and I.  It was encouraged by our DILove as she had us be guinea pigs in two separate weight loss programs.  Hubby has lost 40 + lbs.  I lost 20 + lbs in the last year, 30+ in the past 2 years.  Hubby hit a plateau about the time he fell on his bicycle.  This last week has seen him again to take off a little more weight.  I have hit not just a plateau but a small mountain.  I actually put on almost 5 lbs in two weeks.  Too many visits to 'sugar island' is the reason for my small mountain.  I recognize the problem so now it is just getting back on track.  It would help if my inner child did not want sweets when my old body was being too creaky.  Cause nothing makes me feel better than a strawberry shortcake sundae.

It's time for me to take a walk.  I will get over this little hill to see the next valley or maybe some gently rolling land.  Ya'll all have a good rest of the week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings