privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday, June 23, 2018

The law of the land, zero tolerance, separating families is on my mind.  Relatives have felt the need to post things on facebook in regard both sides of the current issue as it applies to immigration.  Some quote the president that 25 % of the murders since 2001 have been committed by illegal aliens.  Here is a Washington Post back story on the source of that number.  Others note the conditions at the borders are not as bleak as painted by the media.  Others demand the practice of children being removed from both parents be stopped.

Let us suppose the no tolerance is expanded to all US, state and local laws.  Let's apply this to the posted speed limits.  I see these broken by the majority of  motorists in Texan every single day.  No tolerance, you break the speed limit your children are removed from you indefinitely.  They would be placed with other law breakers' children in a facility while you cooled your heels in jail.  Do you think the speed limits would be obeyed better?  What about all the folks that no longer have dependent children?  Or people that never had children?  Well, they would probably not speed either.  Riiight. 

Removal of children from homes or situations for their protection is a practice we use in the US.  So far as I can ascertain every state has some form of this type of protection.  Some are administered by the state, some by the counties.  This type of separation has a purpose of protection of the child not parental punishment.   I sent letters to thank Rep. John Carter, Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz for standing against the separation policy.  That part of the immigration issue was rescinded.

I am not opposed to enforcement of immigration laws nor traffic laws.  Both serve a legitimate purpose.  I will always oppose using children as hostages.  And let's own it, white American, our ancestors were immigrants.  Many of us are several generations removed from the boat that brought our great great great great great whatever from the other side of the pond.  Those fore mothers and fathers reeked havoc on the native population.  Some by accidental exposure to diseases to which the natives had no immunity.  Others due to beating them in wars.  Still others by government policies like killing the food supply en mass.  Yes, even President Grant did just that.

Herod tried to kill that would be upstart king of the Jews.  He had all the baby boys 2 and under killed, Matthew 2.  The man, the Christ's parents were forced to flee for their lives to Egypt to escape execution.  I must wonder what greatness might be waiting for a chance at life in one of the children of the immigrants that are fleeing for the sake of their children.  Yes, by worldly standards, I am weak.  But God, my Creator, is Strong and I choose to follow the teachings of Christ.

Peace,
Janice




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings