privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

10-24-2018 Really, nothing

Oh, my goodness.  You probably think I am dead or have been sick.  None of the above though I am still dealing with all those pesky tendon issues.  Nope, just have not had much to say.  That may not be the complete truth cause I have been muttering to myself quite a lot these days.  I am just so tired of the constant edge of disaster news, emails and tweets.  I did a little door to door leaving info about one of my preferred candidates.  I have voted so there is little else I can do.  Now let us move on to what the fun things are I have been doing over the last say 6 weeks.

 The September trip to Sisters, Oregon for a great niece's wedding was really wonderful.   My three sisters, two of the husbands and I spent about 6 days traveling in Oregon.  Of course the wedding was the Big Event that included surprising the bride with her grandfather's presence.  He had some heart issues a few weeks before the wedding so the doctors initially said he could not travel.  Eventually the tests showed he had improved enough to share the day.  Here are a few snaps from the moment of her arrival for group photos and her surprise.


My sister, Suzie, nephew, Steve, BIL and surprise, Royce and the gasping bride.

Now you made me mess up my makeup, Papa.
Bride's sister, Sydney (also, my great niece) their step father and The Twins.

These two boys kept several of us occupied keeping them out of the ponds and streams that surrounded the patio!

Post wedding and reception fuzzy photo.  Groom, Chris, is seated next to my sis.  Back is Meagan, Steve & Wanda
Prior to the wedding there was time for #4 Sis, her hubby and I to do a little tour of the Sisters area of Oregon.  The older folks stayed at the house to rest from the previous day's travels.  We went looking for a big dam that was supposed to be nearby cause my BIL loves dams.  His business is about power distribution.  Any who the dam he found on the internet was not the one nearby.  The nearby one was just an earthen dam about 20 feet high.  Oops.  But around the corner, less than a mile we found this vineyard and winery!


 Behind the main buildins was a fabulous garden.  Man made pond and trickling stream was the perfect place to sit and enjoy the beautiful afternoon.  Of course we each had to have a flight of wines to taste.  One must never drink on an empty tummy and it was 1:30 by this time!


Those two peaks in the distance are the Sisters volcanoes.




By the time we wandered around the garden one last time it was time to head back to primp for the wedding.  I'll share more with you tomorrow as there was lots to see during this special time with my sisters in Sisters, Oregon.

Sisters in order of birth, 1936, 1940, 1946 and 1954.  You do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings