privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hateful Weed

I hate henbit.  I hope that God will forgive me for hating this plant.  It invades my flowerbeds and walkways. The last three days have be joyfully spent working in the back yard.  I love being outside and getting the yard "in shape" for the winter.

But part of the process is eradicating the henbit.  It sprouted almost overnight it seems.  I pulled, hoed, cursed and sucked up any that come in contact with the leaf blower.  Gene even pulled some out of the front flower beds.

Tonight I googled henbit weed killers.  All the sites recommended an application of a preemerigent to be applied in the fall.  Now to see if there is a place I can purchase some of the stuff.  Or possibly a call to the Greene County Extension Office or the Greenlawn service.  I have weed murder on my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I like henbit.

    I'm Fort Worth born and bred, and it's just a bit too hot here for henbit by the time late spring rolls around. Henbit always says Easter to me because I have memories of hunting eggs as a child on a chilly Easter morning.

    I also love the little rabbit head flowers, and the tiny velvet-y purple buds.

    Be careful on using pre-emergent on your flower beds, you don't want to kill the flowers you're trying to grow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings