privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, March 18, 2013

Disney Dizzy Daze

WOW!  



Let me begin this post to say that in 1955 I was glued to the black and white set to watch the opening of Disneyland in California.  Already a fan of the Wonderful World of Disney programs that began in 1954 this was just another level of wonder for a Texas child living on a cotton farm.  And then the Mouseketeers came through the doors of the Mickey Mouse Club House.  I was instantly a Mouse lover and Mouseketeer forever.  I am sure most of my readers will no remember all the words so here is a little help:


  • Mickey Mouse Club March
  • Songwriters: Jimmie Dodd
Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me
M I C K E Y M O U S E


Hey, there, hi, there, ho, there
You're as welcome as can be
M I C K E Y M O U S E



Mickey Mouse
(Donald Duck)
Mickey Mouse
(Donald Duck)
Forever let us hold our banner high
(High, high, high)



Come along and sing the song
Ans join the jamboree
M I C K E Y M O U S E



Mickey Mouse club, Mickey Mouse club
We'll have fun, we'll meet new faces
We'll do things and we'll go places
All around the world we're marching



Yeah, Mickey, yeah, Mickey
Yeah, Mickey Mouse club, yeah




Five days with 3 grandsons, one son and Gene at four Disney parks in Orlando have left us almost in a Disney dizzy daze.  A wonderful feeling that comes from having been with our little family for 6 days.  The grandsons are back in school, the son is back at work and we are almost home.  But the Mouse is alive in all six of us.

Last week we whirled, twirled, went high and fast on coasters and falling elevators.  We laughed, screamed in fun and shopped for souvenirs for the boys and our friends.  We were drenched in water on one ride.  The Toy Story wait line of 70 minutes was spent playing I spy, find a shape or word beginning with a letter for the alphabet twice and then the alphabet game.  And it was fun when the ride began, too.  Nothing like a 3-D shooting gallery in fairly comfortable seats and no walking!

In Animal Kingdom the day ended on the ride through the live animal display.  To have unfettered giraffes walk up to the vehicle and look you in the eye is amazing.  The male lion pacing with low roars sent chills down one's spine.  Cheetas passing each other on a path as if saying, "bread and butter".  And my Middle Grandson telling me the silver back gorilla's butt looked a lot like me when I bend over sent me into gales of laughter.

HGTV had the annual flower extravaganza at Epcot so Youngest Grandson and I made it our goal to get all the stamps for all the topiaries of Disney characters.  Two of the locations had no attendants by the time we reached them so a couple of the folks helped with double stamps and a final complete!  Jack was thrilled. I was about walked out as one missed location required I double back almost half way around the countries loop.  Gene rested on a bench while Jack painted a special pot for his dad.  Nothing beats seeing a grandchild present something they did for their dad.

We two have turned into clumsy old farts.  Each of us took a header during the week.  Our blubbery old bods bounced without much damage to either.  Gene's tumble was in the bath area when he failed to notice the step by the tub and tripped.  Mine was at Disney park at night during the fireworks show.  Lights out conditions make curbs invisible.  Yes, I fell on my new knee.  We each were a little sore but walking worked out the kinks.

Keeping up with an age spread of 6 to 72 in a busy park is challenging at times.  With Gene's 6'2" size and a distinctive hat we seem to keep loosing him.  Eldest Grandson noted, "As big as Grandpa is how do we keep not finding him?  He must be like a ninja."  Those of you that check this blog that know Gene are probably like John Roger and I were after that remark.  Slightly turning our heads to each other, smiling broadly, noting that was not the usual description of Grandpa.  Then we broke into more gales of laughter.  Gene is now Ninjapa.

That is about all for now.  I will post some of the pictures over the next few days.  We have two cameras, two phones and our son's stuff to gather to be able to really do a good job of the week of Mickey and Disney 2013 in pictures.  But as all good Mouseketeers would sing:

Now it is time to say goodbye
to all our family, 
M I C
see you real soon,
K E Y
Why because we like you
M O U S E.





PS:  I had written this before I noticed the Spin Cycle assignment was Song.  OMG, it is such Karma!

Check out the other Spins on Song at Gretchen's

Second Blooming

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Great minds, right? What a great time! Jude, who goes to Disneyland several times a year, is dying to go to...Disney World. Of course. Maybe we'll get there some day. You and Gene are the best grandparents!! They are going to cherish these memories. And I bet telling Grandma that the gorilla's butt looked like hers will become family lore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a blast! I have never been there, but I would love to go sometime.... Great spin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings