privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ping

Ping is a word that once was a sound.  For many years, the word has come to describe the action of checking network connections.  Now there are services and programs that will automatically perform the function.  When I worked in a CAD CAM department, the computer engineer and IT folks would ping different departments if there were complaints of data malfunctions.

Now that I write this blog I check the hit count just to see if there is any interest.  I dislike that there are computers set up just to ping blogs in an attempt to get malware into our real blog visitors digital devices.  I do not like those vampire, yandex and filmhill pings/hits in the hit count for my blog.  I may not write anything other than something that is running through my mind.  If a human or other form of life visits my blog, great.  I would like to take a ping pong paddle to the backside of the crummy people the have nothing better to do than try to destroy.  That is just not nice.  

1 comment:

  1. YES! I also don't understand the stupid spam comments. I mean, I just delete them. And no one, NO ONE reads them and thinks they are anything other than spam. I understand that some poor person in a cubicle in Pakistan or somewhere is being paid a pittance to leave these, but seriously, I can't believe that it generates enough income to even pay the pittance! Desperate and sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings