privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Belief in Spirits


Inspiration
Today's prompt is belief in spirits based on the Saijiki "A Dictionary of Haiku" by Jane Reichhold. She gives the following example(s) of haiku with this prompt:

mountain wind
the spirit eye sees
traveling far

sunset
illumination of other worlds
clouds

flute notes
in spirit rocks
answers

© Jane Reichhold

Aren't they gorgeous? What a great haiku-poetess Jane is, one of the best of modern times I think. Use her haiku-examples for inspiration and write/compose your own new haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka or haibun and share them with us. Have fun!

Credits: Shadows of Chrysanthemums on the wall (Adolf de Meyer 1906)
shadows on the wall
in the low sunlight of autumn
spirits dancing

© Chèvrefeuille


goose trumpets 
spirit fingers ripple water
oneness


leafy giants reach
spirit breath rustles through them
limbs creak in delight

©  Janice Adcock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings