privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, September 28, 2014

mushroom



At times the fall season can put me in a mild funk.  Something about it draws me back to my youth when all the bomb test were being done.  Duck and cover signs were posted in the halls of our high school.  Nuclear attack drills included moving to the central halls, getting on our knees and covering our heads with our hands. May there be a generation of children not having to endure these types of drills.

bullets raining down
spores of evil soar about
mushroom cloud morning
©  Janice Adcock

The mushroom cloud forming at the Nevada Test Site.
 http://www.atomicarchive.com/Effects/effects9.shtml

A second thought for mushrooms is certainly much happier.  The tasty morel mushroom would randomly sprout in our backyard garden.  Such sweet morsels for the taste buds!  From this happy place I submit the following.

spores carried
on fairy wings
mushroom delights
©  Janice Adcock

www.forestglory.com
gentle rain falls
fairy quickly opens
mushroom umbrella
©  Janice Adcock

The poets over at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai welcome you to enjoy their inspired verses on this challenge word, mushrooms.  Thanks to Kristjaan Panneman (Chèvrefeuille) for his diligence in providing inspiration and hosting the site.

"look granddad!"
he points at a Fly Agaric -
the home of a gnome ...

© Chèvrefeuille



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings