privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, September 22, 2014

Prayer Flags

Carpe Diem #567, 



Instruction, Inspiration and additional haiku here.

flapping sounds
breezy spirit tongues wagging
faith shadow images

©  Janice Adcock

The religion of laundry, Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

One of the first things that came to mind when I saw the prayer flags were the days in my life when laundry was dried on an outdoor line.  The process of the washing, whites first, lights progressing to darker shades with the work clothing being last was a ritual.  One to be preformed with great care to assure the best outcome.  Hand drawn water was heated in the iron kettle in the yard with a wood fire.  In later years, water was heated on the kitchen stove then placed in the Maytag wringer washer.  In my early teen years Daddy plumbed the house for running water.  With the addition of a hot water heater the ritual became simpler.

But some of the rituals still linger, whites first....  Dryers eliminate the beauty of the various color moving in the breeze.  Eliminated the glorious fresh air smell of clean sheets.  The pleasure of seeing ones work singing praises in the wind.  You think God hears our prayers as clothing tumbles in the dryer?

dirty laundry 
placed for all to see
checkout racks
©  Janice Adcock

And that is how my mind rolls!
Namaste

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Prayer_flags_near_Tagong3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings