privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, March 10, 2016

+ 45 - 13

Still raining today.  This is a day for me not to do "heavy" exercises.  I did 1/5 mile on a stationary bike.  New knee did not even notice!  Original knee replacement, which never bent as well as the new one, complained.  Just get over it right knee cause this is going to happen.  It feels really good.

As the rain kept me close to home, Netflix filled several hours.  While Hubby picked his new shirts, a prescription and a couple of other items, I watched 2001 movie, "Spy Game".  Younger versions of Redford and Pitt were interesting to see.  When Hubs returned we watched "Finding Vivian Maier" and "A Ballerina's Tale".  The last two are documentaries.  The former is about an undiscovered photographer.  The latter is the rise of Misty Copeland to be the premier ballerina for the American Ballet Theatre.  Both are interesting and inspiring tales of following one's dreams.

Speaking of Netflix, with all the downtime icing and resting the new knee, lots of watching.  Watched all 17 seasons of  Midsomer Murders.  Binged the new season of House of Cards.  Re-watched all 9 seasons of Foyles War.   The Butler, and an unknown number of other movies.  I mean, what else is there to do lying on one's back with elevated feet and a very sore knee.

Just saw that Daylight saving time increases heart attacks up to 24% in the two days following the spring forward.  The change back has the opposite effect.  Just wondering what the 6 hour time change we will experience in about 2 weeks will do.  Jet lag...Guess we will see how it pans out over the next few weeks.
Till then we will probably just continue sleeping when we want and getting up when we want.  That is how retirement works for us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings