privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, March 11, 2016

+ 46 - 12 Days to Departure

Yea, I know one is not to publish one's absence.  Some how it just seems different now that we live in an apartment setting.  There is a busy street and dog walkers passing by frequently.  The door is a patio door with a strong stick keeping the door from being opened.  Anyway, not worrying just getting things gathered up for the fun.

Finally the Hubby started looking at the trip info on line last night.  Now if you are new to this blog, you may not know that Hubby is a man of few words and even fewer emotional expressions.  To see him smile is a big thing, to laugh out loud is a marked event.  After about 45 minutes of his perusing the My Viking Journey excursions one line a sound emerged.  I looked his way and he, with a smile on his face, said, "This is going to be fun."  You think!

The working out how to have clothing and all our gadgets for the trip has been rolling around in my head for several weeks.  On last year's trip to California and Canada I carried all the camera equipment in a photographers back pack.  It was heavy.  We have a rolling electronics bag that is the right size for a carry on with rolling being a key word.  Not an extra 30 lbs. of equipment on my back.....  Oh, and Hubby has a CPAP that must be carried on, also.  Trimming down all the equipment to just two cameras and not extra lenses, binoculars, Gene's 13" tablet and my 10" tablet, I think it may all fit!

While checking our preassigned seating for the transcontinental flights there was a pleasant surprise.  We have our own two seat row.  No climbing over strangers when we need to stretch our legs or other things.  It is over the wing but since it will be mostly night flying over an ocean that is fine.  The seats are a little wider and a few inches more leg room for my 6'2" Hubby.  He smiled at that too.  Two smiles in one night!

Guess all the looking and talk last night did something for him.  Still 12 days away and I noticed he has pulled down some of the suitcases!  However at the rate we move this is not bad.  I will close with this little preview of a new movie.  Our Son sent it saying that the Flash made him think of his Dad's speech mannerisms.

All ya'll have a great weekend.  Stay safe and have some fun!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit today.  Always enjoy your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings