privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Another Tour

We returned on July 13 around midnight from another adventure.  In April we had decided to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary with a trip to France.  With 2 for 1 staterooms and free airfare it seemed a good deal.  My youngest sister and her husband asked to accompany us on this little excursion.  With the decision being so last minute it took the work of an agent to get two staterooms on a cruise that would fit me sister's schedule.  Our schedule was more flexible with most of the grandchildren being with the other side of the family in July.

With an extension in Nice to add a little more to the trip we left on July 1 out of DFW.  This was the day following our actual anniversary, June 30.  We had been home only about 8 days from the sister time in Oklahoma so we had not even put away all the suitcases.  I mean why.  During those 8 days I mended and altered some new and some old things we would want to wear.  My tablet cover needed new supports sewn as the original ones had split. (I had made the tablet cover in 2013)  And I had 3 garments I wanted to get finished.

On Wednesday, June 28, Hubby walked in from going to the mailbox and declared the place to be a mess.  He was correct.  We had begun packing and gathering items as we thought of things.  Stuff like chargers, extension cords, passport holders, etc. covered the dining table.  Open suitcases filled with clothing, electronics and necessary items were littered across the floor and bedside settee.  The sewing and cutting had the bedroom and living room floors covered with bits of thread and fabric snippets.  The ironing board was in the middle of the floor as proper pressing is critical in sewing.  It was like a maze to get through our tiny apartment.

I had made attempts to get part of the cleaning done along with laundry.  Between hair appointments and mani/pedi appointments we each worked to get the place became a little more negotiable.  On Friday morning the sewing was done, bags were packed and carried to the car.  Hubby ran the vacuum while I policed the bathroom.  We would come home to a straight apartment with clean sheets and towels.  By noon June 30 we were in our Icie (the name we gave our little ice blue hybrid) heading for Dallas.

Traffic was light so we made good time for the trip.  Most folks on the road passed us as we tended to drive in the slow lane about 65 MPH.  The rest of the motorists ran about 75 to 80 MPH.  We like getting 45 miles per gallon more than driving faster.  We arrived as sister's home to find her running her list of things to pack.  Her hubby came home and the same thing was done with his stuff.  Since it was our real anniversary it became necessary for us to go out for dinner.

Back home and to bed by 1 AM.  The flight was not until 3:50 PM the next day so we decided to start adjusting our sleep to the 7 hour time difference.  Finally Saturday arrived and I began to let the excitement build.  The guys decided to go for two separate Uber drivers to the airport.  Calls were made, drivers arrived and the adventure began.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I plan to begin posting the account of the French escapade in daily posts.


Post a Comment