privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

August 21, 2018

I did an oops and posted to my haiku blog on a post about our July trip to a wedding and that adventure.  If you wish to read about that you can click here.  I came away from the wedding with a request to forward files of an uncle speaking of his years in the military.  That has been on the back burner till after the Big Party for our son's 45 birthday.  Lots of planning and incidentals to help the DIL as she plans and decides on the party.  It is in just four more days so time is getting pretty short for me to get things accomplished.  But mostly all that is left is picking up the liquor, cigars, burlap, and the plates.  Will need to make a batch of sorghum chewies. 

Friday and Saturday morning will be finishing the decorating of the home and backyard.  And it is supposed to be 102 F., that is 39 C.  I am pretty sure folks will linger in the house and only foray into the outside for drink refill and smokes.

In the last post I said I would finish the story of the wedding and ball game trip.  Well, that will have to wait a bit longer.  It is well past bedtime so I will bid you a good night and visit later.  Here are a some photos from the ball game part of the trip.

View from our hotel room

Area of stadium Mark McGuire often hit balls into

Ninety year old lady that threw out the first pitch

The boys of summer loosening up before game time.

Yadier Molina behind home plate.  Yes, we sat 18 rows up from home plate.


Pre game rain showers/downpour sent into an hour weather delay.


I missed the fireworks following the DeLong home run.

Yadie hoping his hit stays fair.  It did not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings