privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28, 2019


Funk.  That is the best description of my attitude for the last few months.  Between strained tendons and ligaments late last summer halted my walks.  With no way to walk away the election noise put me in a place where there was no desire to write or do much more than just stare at computer jigsaw puzzles.  The holidays were a nice distraction but then the ridiculous government shut down.  The shutdown is still not really resolved, only kicked down the calendar for 3 weeks.  So there it is, the funk.  Staring back me from every mirror.

My best camera is not working properly so it has been taken in for estimates for repair.  Wednesday my eyes will be checked so I can hopefully get glasses to be seeing better soon.  In the meantime I have decided to jump start my attitude.  Getting the bird feeders up and going hopefully will bring some activity to the patio.   I have started carrying an older camera with me on my walks.  I post the photos to facebook mainly for my sister who is recuperating from knee replacement.  The photo at the top of the post is this evening's sky.  It was taken from the 5th floor of the parking garage where I walk.  And that is SOC.

A long time friend called today.  She spoke of traveling to Tennessee to an International Silk Painting convention.  She has joined a chapter of that organization in Topeka, Kansas.  A couple of weeks ago she made the trip from Springfield, MO, to Topeka.  That is about 225 mi. (355 km).  It was her first trip that far alone with her doing the driving . . ever.  She is 70.  I cannot even imagine that.  I made numerous trips of 400 miles by myself over the years.  I flew to different places for work back in the day.  By myself.  My friend has, however, developed her artistic skills to the point that she can sell her work.  She paints in all sorts of mediums.  She weaves, spins her own yarn and sews.  She does melted glass objects as well as pottery.  All with severe fibromyalgia. 

We shared what had been happening in our lives.  She had been in California to visit family.  While there she and her BIL who is a private detective found one of her high school friends.   She said she never  thought she would live to be 70.  Her dad died of heart problems at a young age.  Her mom, like wise, died in her late 60's from heart problems.  Once Jo, my friend, hit 70 she decided she would start living each day to the fullest.  "After all, Grandma Moses was 70 when she started painting." 

When I shared I had become more turned inward she let me have it.  "Get out and start living.  You are not that person to stay home all the time."  Easy for her to say.  Her meds have all been increased so she is feeling no pain.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings