privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's Always Something



I really enjoyed Gilda Radner's humor.  Especially in the character of Roseanne Roseannadanna.  Roseannadanna's comments would be greatly appreciated during this election campaign.  Of course, it seems no one actually stops to govern long enough to accomplish very much anymore.  It seems to be all about the campaign or news clips.  And no one party or group is less guilty than any other.

While attending the 2011 legislative event in Jeff City, my local representative to the House was unable to come to breakfast.  His aide did a good job of filling in on information and bills being considered.  Well over a thousand bills are submitted each year facing committee and sub committees with only a handful coming to a vote in both the House and Senate. 

The "excitement" of new carpet in the living room has faded over the last few months as we have dealt with the Poltergeist fireplace.  Tomorrow the person is to stop by to determine what additional materials will be needed to complete that part of the "new carpet" project.  I am not allowing myself to even think this process is nearing an end.  I feel like the project is stuck in some obscure sub committee meeting!

Gene's rehab is going much better as the swelling and redness from the cellulitis is disappearing.  His unassisted flex is 95 degrees with extension being -11.  Still keeping the leg iced almost 24/7.  That can use a lot of ice in a day's time so I have been making trays of ice.  Good to have an ice pick to break it all up for the little Kodiak.  Sort of feels like maybe Gene's rehab has been passed by the house and is being sent to the senate with a better than average chance of passing.

So in the tradition of SNL, here is a characterization on Wikipedia of life in general according to Roseanna Roseannadanna:

She, Roseanna Roseannadanna, was talking about eating a hamburger in a restaurant and how she felt something hard in it. And she spit it out and it was white and looked like a toenail. She said, "I thought I was gonna die. I mean, what was a toenail doing in my hamburger?" Then she went to the restroom and on the way to the restroom she saw Princess Lee Radziwill who she described as the "classy lady that no one knows where she's the princess of." But what the Princess didn't know was she had a tiny piece of toilet paper hanging off her shoe, and she was walking around and the toilet paper wouldn't fall off. "I thought I was gonna be sick. So I says to her, 'Hey Princess Lee—what are ya tryin' to do, make me sick?' " So Jane Curtin asked her what this had to do with anything. Roseanne said, "Well it just goes to show you, it's always something, you either got a toenail in your hamburger or toilet paper clinging to your shoe."


You get a government that is more political than government or a fire place that just cannot be fixed.  Well it just goes to show you, "It's Always Something........."




1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings