privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, August 3, 2012

Grocery Shopping

The task of grocery shopping is next to cleaning bathrooms on my list of things I prefer to not do. Gene on the other hand seems to enjoy grocery shopping.  Actually I would prefer the bathroom duty as I can do that in my own time without getting "dressed".

Gene is still out of commission for driving the car or Jeep.  And he surely cannot walk to the closest grocery store.  So grocery shopping is in my court these days.  Last night I surfed the grocery ads looking up prices and forming "the grocery shopping map".  

The ongoing fireplace resurfacing is requiring brain and leg work.  Yesterdays work ended with an adjustment in the arrangement of tiles to fit the odd dimensions of the opening.  That change created the need for exchange and return of tiles before work could begin this morning.  It was just too hot to get out Thursday afternoon to haul tiles around.

I usually am on my first cup of coffee and barely awake at 10 AM.  We worked second and third shifts too many years.  Those hours gave rise to a bad habit of staying up into the wee hours of the morning and sleeping late.  But since July 10's knee surgery for Gene early bedtime and early rising has become the norm.  Add to that this weeks Copperfield's Fireplace & Chimney repair work, wake up time has been about 6:30 AM.

This Friday morning found me crawling into my car by 8 AM.  Trash had been carried to the curb.  Weeds had been pulled.  The Kindle Out of Milk app had my grocery list itemized.  The return items were piled carefully in the car.  All reusable grocery bags were at the ready.  I was prepared for the tasks at hand.

8 - 8:30  Mussino Tile, exchange and returns

8:30 - 9:15  Food 4 Less specified produce, dairy and misc items


No snow today )
9:15 - 9:30  Aldi  specified fruits and veggies


9-30 - 9:55  Dillions  specified frozen veggies, fish, meat and dairy products


9:55 - 10:05 Return home

10:05 - 11:15 Unload car, put groceries away, eat breakfast, realize error on Mussino Tile run.

11:45 - 12:25 Return to Mussion Tile for more exchange and returns

12:25 - 12:45 Return home and finally pour my first cup of coffee of the day

So ready for Gene to be back in the drivers seat and helping with the grocery shopping!

Friday's progress.  The blue dot spacers look good, not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings