privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, February 22, 2013

Vacation Dreams

Saskatchewan wheat fields

This week's Spin assignment is dream vacations.  My first thought was I have done most of my dream vacations.  That is the thing about being a 66 year old woman married for almost 46 years to my 72 year old husband.    I made sure through the years we took vacations to places in the States.  We have travelled into parts of Canada.  Several of the trips were four weeks or longer.  About half included tent camping and all were road trips.  We have visited 46 of the 50 states.



Mt. Kidd, Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada, as viewed from our room.

Lake Louise, Alberta Canada, as viewed from an overlook about 800' above the lake.



Split Rock State Park, Wyoming, USA


Since a vacation would include Gene, I posed the question to him at breakfast this morning.   His first response was, "some safe places in Africa.  Australia and Thailand."  Eventually he came up with Ireland and England.  Wow!  Guess I had best start saving some air miles as we will not be driving to any of those locations.

Wildflowers, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, USA
 
My Vacation Dreams
 
The British Isles
and Northern Europe by train.
 As long as I'm there,
might as well see Switzerland,
France, Italy and Spain.
 
There was a time I longed for
 a Mediterranean cruise.
But with recent cruise ship disasters,
I am thinking, 'what's the use'.
 
At this point in life
I have more memories than dreams.
It's been there, done that
The t-shirts have rotted at the seams!

 
Harvest moon on Cape Cod, 2005





 
Cabin in Acadia Nat'l Park, Maine, 2005


Humpbacks off Cape Cod, 2005.





Roadside near Bar Harbor, Maine.
  
 
Second Blooming You will probably enjoy visiting some of the other
dreamer's vacation places over at Gretchen's Spin Cycle.  
  
 

Looking across to valley from Signal Mountain, Grand Teton Nat'l Park, USA

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by 16 states! Y'all have done some serious traveling. I love all of Gene's suggestions! Start saving now!

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings