privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Happy Post

Ok, enough with the gloom and doom.  President Trump is gonna do what he is gonna do.  I can yammer and it will have little effect till the next elections.  Over done.

Today was an anniversary for me.  One year ago I had my left knee replaced.  If you were visiting me at the time you will recall I went to the doctor on one Monday and the very next Monday, Bam!  It was hurried up as we were leaving for an almost 4 week trip in Europe.  An excellent Doctor Michael Valestro, his assistants, Jeremy and Chris with the rehab groups, my husband and I all worked together to make my rehab a success.  Proper amounts of exercise balanced with icing and rest allowed me to make that trip.

It was a bit of a challenge at times as the swelling was still happening.  Most days we walked around 3,000 to 4,000 steps.  Of course a lot of this was on hilly, winding cobblestone streets.  A real challenge.  There were a couple of 10,000 step days but there would be rest periods.  Shortly after we returned from the trip in late April a cousin came for a visit.  More walking including knocking on the 10,000 steps in a day.

My fitbit zip has been wacky a couple of times and carried over the walking from one day to the next.  Generally speaking I am averaging about 6500 steps as some days I do not walk due to time or pain levels.  For a pre surgery and one year out comparison we had mapped out a mile walk.  It took us a solid 30 to 35 minutes to make the loop.  Last week I did 1 mile on the tread mill in 21 minutes.  Tonight I did 1.5 miles in under 35 minutes.  My total step count for the day was 8651 with about 20 minutes still to go.  Of the 8651 7600 were done without sitting down and only two stops of about 30 seconds each.  No sitting down for a rest.  

The accomplishment of being able to walk a sustained gives a feeling of real accomplishment.  I am just so happy!  So, President Trump do what you are gonna do, Lt. Gov, Dan Patrick, do what you are gonna do.  I am gonna keep walking.

Peace out!
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings