privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 20

I am watching President Obama's farewell address to the nation.  His hair is so much grayer as every president becomes.  He is challenging us to get off the computer and talk face to face with those who do not agree.  Get busy working to be the change one wants to see could sum up what he is saying.  Looking back over the last 8 years and seeing the positive that can happen.  That is the best of what we call the United States.

There are close friends and family that are sort of throwing up as they listen to the speech.  Folks that detest the President, not just his policies.  Sort of like how I have never liked even one little bit PE Trump from his early days on TV to this moment.  That is okay that we all have different feelings about the same people.  Like them or not they are the leaders.  The ones that are to be prayed for on a daily basis.  To be resisted when necessary and to be encouraged when needed.

This means I will continue to write government officials as I have since the 1960's.  I will express my opinion, hopefully with respect.  I will listen to opinions.  I will not give credence to those Facebook reposts from groups that just want to spread hate and separation.  That means the left as well as the right.  Yes, I am a wild eyed liberal.  That does not mean I do not have a brain.  Not all the left pushes fits my beliefs.  The alt-right beliefs are just too out there for me.  (You know like Michelle Obama is a transgender.)  I will continue to read some of the conservative information that is vetted.

And I will stand shoulder to shoulder with other women outside the Texas Capital building on January 20.  Cause there was a man that hated Obamacare and voted in politicians to dismantle it.  Terror then struck him when he realized ACA and Obamacare are the same thing.....  Obamacare/ACA needs an overhaul so lets work together to make it work for the good of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings