privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Yesterday and Old Memories

Not much to talk to the 'wind" about today.  Just an easy going Sunday that included church, lunch at the local Italian place and sorting old photos.  I actually think I may have a handle on the project now.  Five of my mom's albums have been dismantled, sorted by family, sister, branch of the tree.  There are not nearly so many pictures in these albums as in the 3 boxes of pictures in the printer folders.  There were over 1000 Christmas pictures.

Just a little rework
No, this is a little less daunting except that the books were not acid free.  So I have to get new pages or the pictures will continue to deteriorate.  The other fun thing this time around is the webcom digital tablet, mouse and pens for reworking.  The rework on this picture took about 3 minutes.  Still lots to go but so much faster and more accurate.
Before

So this is a picture of me probably in the fall of 1947 or winter of 1948.  I was doing one of my favorite things, playing in the dirt.  Time does not necessarily change everything about us.

Yep, much older.  Wiser, not sure on that one.
Richer, heck no.  But oh all the memories that have accumulated.

Oh, little playmate, come out and play with me
and bring your dollies three and we will climb a tree.  Look down my rain barrel, slide down the cellar door and we'll be jolly friends forever more!
(Words and music by Saxie Dowell)

Reba Jane and I slide down that cellar door, climbed that tree and played in the creek down by the trees in the distance.


Yes, I will enjoy this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings