privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Not Much Happening

Yes, not much going on these days.  The quite is nice after the busyness of the past year.  I am continuing to work on strengthening my knee and improving my overall condition.  The weight loss is going s l o w l y almost to the point of nonexistent.  But I continue to spin as stationery biking is called these days.  Depending on how much walking I have done in a day, I spend from 15 to 30 minutes on the bike.  Every other day I am adding in a little rowing time.  Hope to work up to 15 minutes on that machine eventually.

The air conditioner for our apartment is still not functioning properly.  We have all the fans running on high to keep the place cool.  Thank the Lord we are having a 'cool spell' right now with highs in the low 90's F (33 C).  See that is down from the 100 + over the last two weeks.  So it is shorts and sleeveless shirts for us two.  Plenty of iced drinks and not a lot of activity though I did vacuum and mop today.

The exercise room is on a different air system and feels like an ice box when I first walk in for the spinning.  Unfortunately, there are no lounge chairs nor TV reception in that area.  In a different building there is a lounge area with chairs and TV.  Should the temperatures go back up we will probably spend some time in the the lounge area!  And of course there is the pool.

With the grandkids in Canada, and step grands with their dad, that activity is nil.  That will all change in a week or two.  Grandparent shuttle time will resume for a week.  Then it will be watching DJ the dog for a few days.  A sister time will be sandwiched between fall soccer tournaments in Dallas and San Antonio.  Life will get busy again for us two old retired folks.

We are so fortunate to have a roof over our head, food to eat, friends and family that love us.  What is a little warm weather to complain about, anyway?  Here are a few photos from our late June time on Lake Travis with all the kids.  That's all for now, folks!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings