privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

November 26, 2019


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and text

Sorry it has been a while since I posted.  My energy level is suffering from the months of breathing issues.  Then about 12 days ago I noticed a sort of burning pain in my left thigh.  By Sunday I was broken out on my rear and inside thigh.  I had worn some new pants without washing so I figured it was just a reaction.  After different salves, etc, there was no improvement.  Wednesday I called the doctor, said I suspect a certain problem and was told to come in within 3 hours.  Shingles.  Really.  And with that it felt like the last of my reserves were flushed down the stool.

45905-1A-M #followme Mens Flannel Pajama Pants Mens PajamasI had been working on Christmas PJs for the grandkids.  The tee shirts would have Merry Christmas spelled out on printable fabric.  The trick is only 3 letters appear on each shirt.  The kids have to stand in a specific order to have it spell our correctly.  Material for the PJ bottoms was pre-washed in prep for cutting for the bottoms.  Then shingles, on my bottom to where I could only lay in certain positions.  For. 4. Days.  So much for the bottoms.  Thanks to Amazon we now have bottoms being delivered today. 

Since I could stand I was able to print the letters and bond to the tops.  I needed to overcast the edges of the letters.  There were the shirts for Son, DIL, Hubby, DIL's dad, and me as well as the 5 grandkids.  That was a total of 10 shirts to be overcast.  Night before last the final two shirts were to be overcast and IDs added.  Shirt 9 complete.  Shirt 10 ID stitched.  The overcasting came to a solid stop as the machine would no engage the bobbin.  Different bobbin, well actually 5 different bobbins.  Nothing worked.  The. Last. Shirt.  I gave up because there were still pies and desserts to be made for Thanksgiving and it was 1 AM.

Monday #4 Grandson arrived to help with making pies.  This has become a tradition with since we moved to Round Rock.  He was a huge help making crust for several of the tart size pies.  He made a couple dozen tarts.  By the end of the session we had two full size pumpkin and one apple pie.  About a total 3 dozen apple, apricot and cherry tart size pies.  Grandson left and I spent the next couple of hours cleaning up the mess and wrapping the goodies for transporting 200 miles.  Part of that time was spent gathering additional items to make the yeast breads for Thanksgiving.

It is Tuesday and I need to figure out how to get the last shirt overcast.  Need to pack, make cupcakes and sorghum chewies.  I can do this!  Because the shingles are much improved.  A good night's sleep has relieved my tired legs.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, people sleeping and indoor
16 and still needs a cuddle toy.
 After testing last Friday, it was determined there are no significant allergies.  The doctor adjusted my medications adding an inhaler twice daily to help with the not quite asthma breathing issues.  Post nasal drip is still treated with two nasal sprays and a nightly sinus medication.  The doctor removed all allergy medications.  As for the GERD, an upper GI scope is scheduled for Dec 2.  A PH test is scheduled for January.  Once all the information is gathered there will be hiatal hernia surgery.

Our Bonus Grandson had the torn knee issues repaired in surgery last Friday.  His mom said he is grumpy.  Imagine that.  He has had a ruptured appendix and procedures to drain the abscess.  Eventually he had surgery for that.  Just healed and feeling good and the knee was damaged during a football game.  Six weeks to allow parts of the knee to heal then another surgery.  Been a tough year for him.  Little four year old Braxon is recovering physically.  His mental capability has regressed to about one year old level.

So I close today with thanks for health care professionals to guide us damaged folks to health.

Ya'll all stay safe out there.
Love, Janice


5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Sending Love... shingles is purely stress-induced. Hardly surprising really. Glad it is in retreat. Take care dear friend. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the ongoing challenge with the breathing/acid reflux, tests and PJ's shingles were probably stress related. And the sewing problem was a slightly bent needle. Life is good. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! It sounds like you got to the shingles soon. My mum caught them once and waited too long to go to the doctor. And she still has the occasional stab of pain. Hope yours don't give you too much bother.
    I would love to see those pj's though!

    Klem and god bedring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, though they are still healing and the cotton PJ's feel soooo gooooodddd. Will post the photo of the FAB family in the holiday pj's. love and blessings.

      Delete
  3. Hi Janice - I'm just catching back on some posts - so sorry to hear about the shingles hope it is better now. We are so lucky to have access to such good medical teams where we both live for sure, they are doing awesome work for both our families! Such a cute #teambraxton pic. Hugs to you all.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings