privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Book Club

Today was the monthly PEO book club.  I had never been to a book club until last fall.  I read what interested me but seldom talked to folks about what I read.  I've never been one to recommend books or restaurants.  The few times I did folks told me I was wrong.  I realized my standards were/are different from other folks.  This month's read was Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine.  It was a recommendation of a former member of the group.

The first question that was asked by this month's leader was did we like the book?  Opinions differed.  Most said it was a bit of a difficult book to read in the beginning.  All agreed the main character was really quirky.  The man, Raymond, was a 'typical' IT type.  They finally began to enjoy it somewhat. Were 'into it by the end'.

Finally, I spoke about my preference.  "I totally identified with the book".  Judy's response was, "Well, of course, you did!"  JoAnne leaned into me and said something like you're not nearly as quirky as the main character.  Seems they have my number.  I almost pulled out my squeaker and squeaked them!

Y'all have a great day!

Janice

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Hah! I have never found reading recommendations from such groups to be particularly ... edifying. Squeakers sound like a good idea to me!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were about 6 WWII settings for several of the books. This was a nice change. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. I'm in a book club and I have to admit I would not have read 75% of the books others have recommended, but I've also been pleasantly surprised by some of the books and was glad to have read them.in the end. I have this one on my shelf but have not gotten to it as yet....now I'll know to stick with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is different. I am a bit of a nerd, actually a lot. Worked around and with computers about 75% of my working life. That is partly why I enjoyed the book.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings