privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Getting Real

 As of today we have signed our lease for the new apartment.  We will begin moving in March 1 (ish) with an official move in date of April 1.  First month, ie March, is free rent and free utilities.  That gives us the time we need to get all that stuff like pix on the walls, extra shelves, undercounter lights, etc. removed from this place and moved to the new location.


If all goes as planned we will be on one of the corners facing the small park.  There is a walking trail along with an official frisbee golf park.  We probably will not do the frisbee thing but we now have two new frisbees compliments of Heritage Estates.  And, yes, there are two port-a-potties to enhance the view.

The park stays busy on the weekends judging by the number of autos we have encountered at times.  In addition there is a private school to the north of the building.  That means major lines of parents in autos twice a day.  Kiddies need to be picked up from school.  The area is within about 10 minutes of the area where we currently live so can easily access drug stores, bank, physicians, and dentist.

Now to make a firm contact with the movers to set up a solid date for all the big stuff to get moved.  We have cleared out the two storage rooms here at La Frontera.  The items are in a storage unit within walking distance of the new apartment.  Not quite like across the hall.  With the new apartment having two bedrooms, two baths, and a slightly larger kitchen we can now keep items in the apartment.  Of course we did a bunch more culling of items.  Probably donated a pickup fully loaded to Goodwill and Salvation Army.  Still have a couple more boxes we keep adding to daily.

Oh, my.  After gathering all the photos, albums, paper keepsakes, etc. I have a year's worth of scan work ahead of me.  Hopefully, I can set up a way to do the scanning that can stay in place all the time.  That would really help.  That is about all I have for now.

Y'all all take care,

Janice

I believe I have resolved the insurance screw up I caused in December.  Chose to use and Advantage plan for a few months to see how it worked.  It did not work.  Have gone back to our old plans as of this evening.  At least that is what the system said it was doing.  That takes two stressors out of my head.   

2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    oooohhhh, change is on the way! Tiring, it will be... but new places, new faces and maybe at least one new activity will all bring a fresh zest to life for you. I hope! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be good if it can be that way. Once settled in a bit will need something done with the 'good camera' to be able to get to photographing again.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings