privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Construction

Over the last several months we have enjoyed watching an addition to the school next door.  I would like to say that not every day has been a joy.  For instance the days the parking lot was being jackhammered out of existence was nerve-wracking.  There were a few days later on that jackhammers were used to hollow out the bedrock for drainage pipes.   Otherwise, the construction has been entertaining and amazing.

In addition to the building, the water retention pond is having to be expanded.  More jackhammering of the rock in that area.



The workers have arrived before sunup and work till 4 - 5 o'clock PM.  The following photo is a concrete pour for the second floor of the school building.  The workers have long, hot days.  


Last evening the weather report included the statistic that weather service has recorded to date 86 days of triple digits so far this year.  Some days as high as 110℉, 43.3℃.


Trenches being cleared brought more piles of rock and dirt.  Road ways and driveways were damaged and had to be repaired as the start of school approached.



All that digging and jackhammering made more and more piles of dirt and rock.


More than just one day empty dump trucks have backed into the worksite and were filled with the debris.  A truck would be filled, drive out and another one would back in to be loaded.


I bet you would believe that it has been a losing battle to keep our place dusted.


That is enough of this for today.  I have more (probably way too many) photos of this whole process.

Y'all all stay safe,
Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I am reminded of the old adage... "I like work... I could watch it all day!" (as in 'sport'). Even jackhammers can be tolerated if one makes background noise of them. As long as the foundations of your own block have not been compromised from the vibration!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They woke me just this past week with more or the jackhammering. All good. I needed to get up anyway! namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings