privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Mine is like the middle
one only in purple
This household is not an early riser any day of the week.  And to do it two days in a row is almost torture.  Yesterday I had a Groupon to cash in for Easy Zippy Strippy  sewing class.  All needed materials were included.  The Quilt Sampler furnished the sewing machines and even little scissors.  The class started a 9:00 AM.  On a Saturday morning, 9:00 AM.  I made the choice because it was the last day the class was available before the coupon was no longer good for the discount.

Yes, there were evening classes, etc, but with the knee problems, blah, blah, blah, I put it off.  And on top of all this it was raining, sort of cool and I just wanted to stay in bed.  But I toughed my way through it.  Even left Gene resting peacefully in our king size bed.  And now I have a zippy, strippy small bag.  I like it, not love it, but like it.  Friends and family, look out for lots of zippy, strippy gifts in the future.

Sunday morning came terribly early this morning mainly because I kept waking up to check how much longer I could sleep.  Why do our brains do that to us?  2:45, 3:50, 4:15, 5:03, 5:56 and I gave up cause the alarm was set for 6:09.  6:09 is strange but that is what it was when my finger could move the switch for the minutes on the alarm.  My fingers are as old as my old left knee.  The only young thing about my body is a right knee implant.  But I did it.  Exercises, dressing and off to church at 7:45 AM.  Spring Fling  tickets could be sold!

In the event I have never mentioned that I am married to a saint or at least one in the making, I am.  Gene was willing to climb on the cabinet and hang a sign.  He then walked to different doors and hung up Spring Fling signs.  He would have gone to get start up cash had the treasurer been unable to get to the bank.  I love him so much.

I really liked "Nightshift"
Ok, enough of the mush, gush!!  I liked the music of the Commodores.  "Easy like Sunday Morning" came to my mind when I started this blog.  I read the lyrics and decided that was not the message I had in mind.  I looked as several Sunday morning song lyrics.  Most are sort of downer messages and I do not want to be high or leave my husband!  I just wanted to write about a Sunday morning when I could sleep later!   I should have named it  CBS News Sunday Morning as that is a little more my speed.



Oh, by the way on the rainy, cool Saturday morning when I arrived at The Quilt Sampler at 8:59 AM, I was the third person to arrive.  The folks at the store were still setting up and it was almost 10:00 before the class began.  I could have slept almost another hour if I had known they were not liking the "early" hour either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings