privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, April 9, 2012

Post Easter Blues

 
There is always so much to do and so much excitement before holidays.  This season has, of course, been Lent, Holy Week and Easter.  Throw in the knee surgery and Gene's mentoring it seems to have been pretty busy already this spring.  With the upcoming projects for UMW that I have been putting off working on till after Easter... well, now is the time.  And I am just plain not getting my mind wrapped around all I need to be doing.

When I hit the "I am not sure what to do first wall" it is time to sit quietly, make a list of tasks, prioritize the tasks and get to work.  If the making the list thing leaves me still floundering, cleaning the house will help me get my mind "in order".   I did spend some time working today on the chair decorations.  Not sure if I like what I came up with or not ...  I'll sleep on it and see what tomorrow brings.

So that is why I have the Post Easter Blues.  Time to get to work and I am just not ready to get back in the game.  The physical therapist noted I am still doing really good, ahead of the curve is his phrase.  Then why do I sometimes feel like I missed the curve and hit the wall.  It will get better in a few days.

Glow eggs!
It has been fun seeing all the pictures of the kiddos hunting eggs.  Probably the most interesting eggs were glow eggs the kids hunted in the dark.  I am still amazed there are plastic eggs that can be reused each year.

Resurrection Joy at Wesley UMC
I think I may have just cheered myself up remembering Arlene's egg stash in about 1962 or so.  It was when we still did the boiled egg dying thing for her and the nephews.  A few weeks after Easter the house began to have a bad odor.  Using Momma's amazing nasal  prowess, the problem was discovered in Arlene's closet.  Yep, you guessed it, Easter eggs gone bad.  The worst kind of Post Easter Blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings