privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Photo Theme Thursday Shapes, Textures, Trees, Clouds ...

Gulf Coast area of Mississippi eight years after Katrina.

This blog has been inwardly focused for the last several months and especially the last two weeks.  I had heard of a huge typhoon bearing down on the Philippines.  It was not until last evening that the extent of the calamity really had my attention.  According to everything I read Typhoon Haiyan was 3X wider than Katrina and about 1/3 wider than Sandy.  The Gulf Coast of the US is still working to recover after 8 years as well at the Eastern Seaboard after one year.  Prayers are sent for all the peoples of the areas damaged by this horrific natural disaster.


Survivors stand among debris and ruins of houses destroyed after Super Typhoon Haiyan battered Tacloban city in central Philippines November 10. (Erik De Castro/Reuters) #
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2013/11/aftermath_of_typhoon_haiyan.html#photo4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings